This time of year wreaks havoc on my skin. The cooler weather can dry skin, leaving it looking aged and dull. It’s not just older skin either, but skin of all ages can suffer this time of year. What's the best way to pamper your skin during the cooler months?
Ad an apple a day! One of my favorite bath time rituals for this time of year is the apple cider vinegar bath. Most of us have it in our kitchen already but did you ever think to add it to your bath? This health food store staple is known for its alkalizing ways and does wonders for our skin. A natural antibacterial, apple cider vinegar clears up fungus-based skin conditions and restores the body's natural pH balance.
Did you know what goes on the skin, goes in the body? So, soaking in an apple cider vinegar bath is a great way to get this staples known benefits. A vinegar bath could help with digestion, relieve inflammation and reduce joint pain. Since you would be absorbing its nutrients, notably the elusive B vitamins, vitamin C and trace minerals, this pampering bath ritual works on both the inner and outer beauty level.
Your skin will feel moisturized and it can do wonders for your hair too. So, go ahead and take the apple cider vinegar plunge!
Here's how I like to do it;
1) Fill the tub with hot water (test it before getting in to make sure it's not too hot).
2) I like to add a little body oil to the water for added skin hydration,
3) Add 1-2 cups (depending on the size of the tub) of apple cider vinegar to the water.
4) Soak 20-30 minutes (listen to relaxing music or read a good book).
5) Remember this is a pampering ritual so don't use soap or other harsh chemicals.
6) I don't rinse off afterwards because I want the vinegar to dry on my skin for continued benefits.
This is the perfect time of year to add this skin pampering bath to your routine. I try to do it at least 1-2 times per week.
Comments will be approved before showing up.